Freshwater fly-fishing with Gary Harlen is "Time Worth Finding".
Unrivalled in his unique ability in spotting that perfect fish, Gary can afford to be selective in the catch. Within minutes Gary's clients are experiencing that promising tug at the end of their line.
With 30 years experience fly-fishing Hawke's Bay rivers, Gary has aquired an extensive knowledge of trout behaviour, habitat and fly-fishing techniques; knowledge that invariably leads to a catch, a point of difference that has made Gary an exceptional guide for wild Trout fly-fishing.
- For the novice, to the seasoned fisher
- For those wishing to enjoy a more leisurely, genteel day
- For the hunter, stalker, who wants to take up a challenge and test his or her skills
- For the near experts who want to master dry fly-fishing
- For those of you who just want to say, "I've been there, done that, and it was successful"
- A boys day out
- A girls day out
- A family day out
Wild Trout Adventures can provide the opportunity to experience fresh water fly-fishing at its best, with a promise of a rewarding day.
The ultimate pinnacle of trout fishing is dry fly-fishing, which Gary specialises in. He has a passionate interest in fishing the world famous Tukituki river, where the Commonwealth Competition was held-2008.
Known as the Tukituki river expert, "Guru" as some of his repeat clients fondly call him, Gary's ultimate aim is to enable every serious fisher to master this skill.
We welcome Gary Kemsley - Trout Fishing Guide
One of our key team members is Gary Kemsley, who has guided international clients for over 30 years.
Gary has an illustrious history with Trout Fishing, with many impressive achievements.
- Three time winner of New Zealand One Fly event in Nelson
- Winner of New Zealand Multi Fly contest at Aniwhenua
- Captain of winning team Oceania Fly Fishing Contest held in New Zealand
- Second place World Salmon Fishing Championships at Port Hardy in Canada
- Member of the New Zealand Fly Fishing Team at 17th World Fly Fishing Champs in USA
While his fishing has taken him around the world he still considers the rivers, lakes and streams of Hawke's Bay to offer some of the best Trout fishing available.
Gary is a Fly Fishing Guide at Taupo and has guided on many Hawkes Bay rivers.
Gary is also renowned for World Salt Water Fly Fishing records, his contributions to New Zealand Fishing News and has written six books.
- One day trips: Fish the world famous Tuki Tuki River, the wilder Mohaka River or one of our other local rivers or tributaries.
- Helicopter trips: Guided Fly Fishing trips into remote river regions.
- Rafting: Guided Trout Fishing trips.
- Multiday packages - customised to suit requirements and experience.
A full days rewarding Trout Fishing with a Guide who has over 30 years knowledge and experience flyfishing on Hawkes Bay's Rivers.
- All guided trips include transfer from and to your local accomodation.
- Picnic lunches
- All meals included for multiday packages
- Fishing equipment provided if required
- All flies provided-Your guide has a range of flies suited for local conditions.
If you want to bring your own gear contact Gary for recommended equipment
Day Package Rate: $550 plus licences
The Art Deco capital of the world, with its hot Summer, warm Spring and sultry Autumn months, prides itself in offering the world a place to visit which is unhurried, and relaxing. It's a region which can boast of its Wineries, food, fruit, and produce, and of course the numerous rivers and streams which host a mix of impressive sized Rainbow and Brown trout.